Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Like Sands Through the Hourglass

So I am currently at home watching a little Days of Our Lives because it is so HOT outside, and in classic Days fashion Hope is trying to murder Bo with a big knife!! She is behaving like a raving lunatic as a side effect of her "sleeping pills". Is that the usual side effect when taking sleeping pills??? I've never taken those so I don't know, but it is not one of the side effects they share on the commercials! Why can't she do what everyone does on the soaps and just become an addict and hide the pills in a piano bench like Nikki did on The Young and The Restless!! Oh wait, Nikki's addiction was both pain killers and vodka!! Whatever! This shouldn't surprise me in the least as Days has played out such famous plotlines as Marlena possessed by the devil, Carly buried alive by Vivian ("paradise to hell, paradise to hell!!"), Hope is blown away over a vat of acid only to return years later at Maison Blanche as "Gina", Marlena becomes a serial killer and kills various cast members only they aren't really dead, but on a remote island I suppose owned by Stefano. Speaking of, Stefano has come back from the dead too many times to count!! Well anyway, the soaps certainly are entertaining.

Since summertime is winding down and school is on the horizon, my friend Aaron "Power Ranger" and I walked downtown last night for summertime cocktails. In case you are wondering, he is called "Power Ranger" because he used to wear a Power Ranger suit to school which I am still trying to picture. Anywhoo, as we walked down Main Street, some runners blew past us in those disgusting onion skin shorts. I assume those shorts are like good for runners for some reason, but seriously they are gross. Any shorts or pants that can breeze open to expose things are not a good thing. It reminds me of watching my Level III movement teacher demonstrate a catlike motion while rolling on the ground. She was wearing pants that were like those onion skin shorts and the pants opened as she rolled. It was a near peesh sighting!!

As we enjoyed our cocktails, I spotted some of my former students also out for the evening. This is becoming a more frequent event as I get older and so do they. However, as I thought about it I decided that just because they are old enough to go out around town doesn't mean I have to stay home.. Teachers don't have to be boring folks with no fashion sense to boot!! We can be fun and hip as well as educated people. The point is, it was very nice to chat with my students and know that they are doing well.

Time to close as Bo has now handcuffed Hope to a chair and is figuring out the pills are the cause of her erratic behavior. Genius!! Oh, and the fact that she has mugged bunches of men in Salem also because of the pills!! Where can we get these pills!!?? Tootles!


No comments:

Post a Comment